Compass Gas Safety Week

Compass – Highlights from Gas Safety week

There is no-one that should ever take gas appliances for granted and the possible danger there can be if not maintained, poorly installed or installed by a un-registered user. The gas safety week has highlighted the factors that lead to issues. With boiler manufacturers like Baxi and installers coming together to form a coherent voice offering cases and their expert knowledge. The main problem is that the public are not that aware and it has been a great week to encourage awareness.

Carbon Monoxide alarms save lives. Nest Protect

There are some really worrying statistics like; four people a day go to hospital with Carbon monoxide poisoning. This could be easily reduced by a carbon monoxide alarm and they are really cheap and easily fitted by all. In fact here at Compass we have just put into stock the new Nest Protect that detects not only smoke but also Carbon monoxide and offers an innovative solution for not only responding to an issue but you can also receive alerts on your phone. It is a clever detector that is intuitive and only responds properly when it has to.

With regards to the installation of gas appliances you obviously must use a Gas Safe registered installer and this is why the partnering of manufacturer, legislator and installer is critical to the objective. Whether you as a tradesman like it or not, it does fall upon you to be an ambassador for the trade and body. Over the last thirty five years Compass Plumbing has championed the registered installer through the Corgi scheme and now gas safe and always supported them with their business. Offering the best deals on central heating in London and surrounding areas so allowing them to get the job at the most competitive price.

So the take away from gas safety week is that all parts of the industry needs to get together and support the installer more and give him an incentive to champion the sale conduct and maintenance of gas appliances.

Leave a Reply

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.